Monday, December 3, 2007

Carlene....

Here is a picture of the strongest woman I know. Now, I don't believe she can lift an elephant or anything, but in terms of emotional, mental, supportive, and educated aspects, she takes the cake. She is my mom, or as I lovingly refer to her as 'Car'. My mom has been through a lot this last year, namely losing her husband (my dad) after 36 wonderful years of marriage. Now as a mother myself, I can't quite figure out how she accomplished so much so far in her life, such as: raising 5 children, obtaining 2 Master Degrees, providing for her 10(soon to be 11)grandchildren, maintaining a beautiful home, always opening up her home for family functions and get togethers...to name a few. It is clear when you meet her where her priorities lie and where she finds joy and peace. I am lucky enough to be a part of that and truly consider my mom a friend. I have the great pleasure of living about 8 houses down the street from her and get the opportunity on a regular basis to share my time with her through exercise or shopping, etc. I love her more than I know how to express and could only wish that for my children, I am half the mother to them as my mother is to me.

1 comments:

Elisha said...

Hi Hil! Liz sent me a link to your blog. I love your mom as well. She is one of the sweetest people I know and she truly is an amazing woman. Hope you guys are doing well!