Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Hidden Treasure

A couple days ago I was cleaning out a closet full of my sisters stuff (that I was storing for her) and came across some dolls. No, I'm not a doll collector, but these dolls are priceless to me. They are the glass dolls my mom had made for me and my two sisters many years ago. My mom had created every last detail of these beautiful pieces, from their clothing to the makeup on their face and now that I am older, I can more recognize the talent and time that this took my mom. I'll treasure these forever and one day pass them on to Elliot. (My dolls are the Can-Can dancer in pink, and the African Princess. My sister Kendyl's are the small baptism girl in white, the kid in white sweats and the braids, and the 1920's era little black girl in raggy clothing - Not pictured is the two that belong to my older sis Kristy)

1 comments:

Dennison Family said...

Your mom truly is amazing! Tyler bought me porcelein dolls for Christmas for a while, because you and your sisters and gotten them, but it doesn't mean nearly as much because they weren't hand made by someone I love so much! They are beautiful!