Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Am I A Bad Mother??

My daughter Elliot had a first today...TIME OUT! Okay, I'm starting to contemplate my actions from earlier today and feeling worse and worse about it. She's a couple weeks from being one and I'm already disciplining?? The rundown: We have a large dog. We have an adequately sized dog door. We also have a very inquisitive and curious daughter. You do the math. I hate using the word 'No' already so instead I pulled her out, and put her in the play pen with no toys. I realize that a one year old most likely doesn't realize the fret this puts on her mother and I also realize that I could just close the dog door. Thus the basis of my regret. Maybe if I had a beautiful back yard of lush green grass and we didn't live in the desert alongside scorpions, I'd be better off with her playfully going outside. Thankfully, Jadon hasn't realized how to do this fun little trick of Elliot's. This dog door is going to be the bane of my existence for the next couple years but dang...she's just too cute.




0 comments: